Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does anyone know if there is an English speaking hairdresser in \near La Rochefaucauld?

I speak only a little French and I don't want to make any irreversible mistakes at a French salon. I know this is a bit pathetic, however I also have a daughter and two sons who need a trim too and it could get confusing. Visiting the hairdressers is one of the few things I have not summed up the courage to do since we arrived LAST APRIL!! Need help, anyone! MercixxDoes anyone know if there is an English speaking hairdresser in \near La Rochefaucauld?
Hair grows back! how much of a mess would the hairdress do to you that you think you wouldnt go out for the next month? Cut off your back lenght hair to shoulder lenght...I am quite sure there are ways to make yourself understood. Hair cutting isnt such a big deal.


I live in Hong Kong and I'm French. Now, chinese hair and caucasian hair is MAJORLY different in texture and how it falls after cutting. They always want thin hair (due to extremely thick hair shaft). Well, hairdresser guy was one of the low level salons (I'm not ready to spend 60euros on a hair cut anytime soon), and he did quite well. With no english, obviously!


You have been at the hairdresser before. Try to show him...mime it...he'll get your meaning.


Otherwise, hair cut is : Je voudrais me faire couper les cheveux (I would like to have my hair cut)


Je voudrais un degrade pas trop court = I would like a layered style but not too short


Je voudrais une coupe au carre = I would like an above the shoulders straight cut


Je voudrais une frange = I would like to have bangs (frindge?)


Ne coupez pas trop court = Do not cut too short





couper = to cut


court = short


long = ...same thing in english


degrade = layered


colore = get a color done





Bonne Chance...you'll look great!Does anyone know if there is an English speaking hairdresser in \near La Rochefaucauld?
Not only a little pathetic... Go back to the UK for a hair cut and a few french lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment