Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is it my fault if my son cuts through a hairdryer lead in the hairdressers?

My Friend works in a hair saloon. When we were there, I took my eyes off of my son for 2 minutes while I dealt with my daughter, by this time we had heard a big bang and my son had taken my friends bosses scissors and cut through the hairdryer lead. She now says I have to pay the cost of the damaged scissors and hairdryer. Would this be my fault or the owner of the saloon for leaving the scissors in reaching height for children to touch?Is it my fault if my son cuts through a hairdryer lead in the hairdressers?
Technically it is your fault. Stylist leave their equipment out to be ready for the next client. You should have your children wait in the waiting area if you can't watch them, even for two minutes.Is it my fault if my son cuts through a hairdryer lead in the hairdressers?
You answered the question yourself. You took your eyes off your son. Your fault. How could you do that to ';your friend'; anyway?





Edit:


It is not the salon's responsibility to discipline your child. If someone had pryed the scissors from the child's hands, who knows, people like you would probably want to sue for that too. And for that reason, a lot of salons won't even allow children in who are not being serviced. You should be grateful you were allowed to bring your kids inside.





If you were in a supermarket, and the kid knocked something off the shelf and damaged it, wouldn't you expect to have to pay for the item?





Bottom line: You, the parent, were irresponsible in monitoring the safety of your child while in that salon.
I'm saying this as a parent of 2 boys. You are responsible. I would make your son pay for it. He needs to learn a lesson from it. If he doesn't have the money he needs to do something to repay your Friend. I was always taught that if you damage something of someone elese's you replace it. It's just the right thing to do. He also needs to learn that paying with scissors is not allowed. In preschool I watched a boy accidental cut into another boy's earlobe with a pair of scissors!





A few months agao, I had a friend whose son (5 yr) cut the strap on my baby bag. I wasn't mad and didn't insist on her replacing the bag. She made him apologize and pay me the money that he was saving up. It made me feel like he had learned a lesson and not like he was an unruly kid.
WOW is your son OK?





OK as a salon owner myself, this is a tough one as its Ur friend that works there,


but it is your responsibility to keep your children in check whilst in the salon. also u were attending to your other child. where were the other members of staff when ur son was nearly electrocuting himself????





i can kinda understand about the scissors as they are very expensive, but she should be pleased your child is alright an still alive with no lasting damage! and not a big law suit 4 her!!!!





the salon would be insured for accidental damage such as this. i had a child break some clippers and even though over 拢150 i just swallowed the cost.





each an every stylist is accountable for his/her tools. and if there is an inquisitive child about its best to move them.





maybe a tip to citizens advise wouldn't go a miss, but i think she is being very unreasonable in her demands.





maybe u could see if you could reached a compromise and offer half of the cost instead. show willing and expect half the blame?
Your fault as it was your child, and the hairdresser is not supposed to have to worry about keeping sissors away from small childeren and hairdryer leads, since parents are supposed to keep an eye on their childeren.Your child damaged something on the property so you have to pay for the hairdryer.
I think you should pay up as you were not supervising your son and a hair salon is not a playground. What if he had stuck the scissors into someone would it still be the salons fault?
Bad kitty it's your fault. But as a business they should have insurance and what not to cover mishaps like this.
wouldnt this affect ur friendship?

No comments:

Post a Comment