Saturday, August 21, 2010

If i have used normal home use hair-dye..can i have my hair coloured and highlighted at the hairdressers?

I have used home use hair-dye for the past two years but i wanted to get it coloured professionally at the hairdressers and have a few highlights put it.....can this be done or do i need to grow the dye out of my hair first? I have never used peroxide just dark brown hair dye, and i wanted to keep it that coulour. and would they have to do two sittings or could they do the base colour and the highlights on the same day?? please help!!If i have used normal home use hair-dye..can i have my hair coloured and highlighted at the hairdressers?
Yes, you can have it done at the salon, the same day. Just be sure you tell your hairdresser the name and color of the product you put on your hair. This will make a big difference so she can formulate properly.If i have used normal home use hair-dye..can i have my hair coloured and highlighted at the hairdressers?
i have gone to the salon with a home dyed head and had them put in highlights. and i had no problems they came out great. and yes they are able to color and highlight in the same day. i haven't done it in a while cause i dye and highlight my own hair since i have short hair now and it's 50 bucks cheaper to do it myself
I alternate between home hair-dye and professional salon dye so you definitely can do it. I don't know about the highlights on the same day.
Yes you can get hightlights at the salon, they are professionally trained and have all the proper materials to highlight your hair, no matter what color you put in there. It will only have to take a couple hours to put the highlights in because they just put some bleach on it till it lift to the color you want.
I made the transition back to highlights after coloring my own hair for about a year. Just tell your hairdresser what products


you have used to color it with and they can give you the best


guidance and will know what is ok to do and not to do. I had no trouble - she was able to put blonde highlights in my red (colored by me) hair w/o any problems. What a relief it has


been to have her do the color now!

No comments:

Post a Comment